How to Apply for F1 status:

Evangel Christian School is approved to issue I-20’s for International Students in Grades Kindergarten – 12.

Several events must take place before a foreign student may attend a U.S. school. These events start before the student arrives in the United States. Application steps include:

  • The potential non-immigrant student applies to the SEVIS – approved school

  • The school determines if the student fully meets their admission requirements and has the financial ability to pay for the education and living expenses

  • Each school that admits the student, will create an initial SEVIS record for the student and send the signed copy of the Form I-20 to the student, after the proper paperwork is completed and accepted

  • The prospective student chooses the school and pays the SEVIS I-901 fee using the Form I-20, see the SEVP website at a full list of questions and answers about the SEVIS fee.

  • The prospective student must apply to the local U.S. consulate for a visa if not in the United States (se the State Department website at for more information)

If the school admits the student, as DSO we are required by regulation to record specific biographic and financial information about the student in SEVIS that will be necessary to issue a Form I-20.

Prospective non-immigrant students who are not in the U.S. must apply to the local U.S. consulate for an F-1 visa exempt. This requires a visa interview. The student must bring several items to the interview. This information can also be found by clicking HERE.

  • The signed Form I-20 form the school the student plans to attend

  • Evidence that the SEVIS I-901 fee has been paid

    • A receipt printed when paying on the Internet at with a credit card

    • A receipt from Western Union when using the Western Union QuickPay option

    • A Form I-797 receipt mailed

      ***The student is required to pay only one SEVIS fee – not one fee per Form I-20***

  • A signed passport, valid for at least six months after the date of entry into the United States

  • A Form DS-156, Non-immigrant Visa application with photo

  • A Form DS-157A, Supplemental Non-immigrant Visa Application

  • A Form DS-158A, Contact information

  • Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions

  • Scores from standardized tests, such as the English Proficiency, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, and GMAT

  • Financial evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study

Evangel Christian School has a procedure that needs to be followed in order to be issued an I-20 Please click here


Contact us | View site map