Important Immigration Reminders

In order to legally remain in the United States, you must:

  • Maintain a valid passport.
  • Attend the school you are authorized to attend (the school INS last authorized for attendance or the school that has processed a transfer with the INS).
  • Pursue a full-course of study and make normal progress towards the completion of the course of study.
  • Apply for extension of program before the expiration date on the current I-20.
  • Follow INS procedures for transferring from one school to another. You can not leave our school on our I-20 without correct documentation from Evangel and the school you are transferring too. We need a month notice to Evangel of this change. The school you are transferring to needs to contact Evangel. You will NOT be able to go to the transfer school until all fees are paid in full to the current school. Contact needs to be made between Evangel and the approved F1 transfer school.
  • Report a change of address to Evangel immediately.
  • You are NOT eligible to work while enrolled in Evangel.
  • Failure to follow the federal regulations on which the previous requirements are based on have a number of negative consequences. If you do not follow them, you may:

    • Have to apply for reinstatement to your original status, which requires a fee and months of waiting for a decision.

    • Be ineligible to re-enter the U.S. until you get a new visa in your own country.

    • Be ineligible to change to another non-immigrant status

    • Be ineligible to adjust status (“get a green card”)

Contact us | View site map